Report Abuse

Note: If you or another person is hurt or in danger, please call 911. Depending on the type of abuse you experienced, you can also contact your local Domestic Violence or Sexual Assault agency to seek support and assistance.

Where do I report abuse, neglect or exploitation for an adult with a disability?

The Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) is responsible for assuring the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Wisconsin. If any individual believes that a caregiver, agency, or DQA regulated facility has violated State or Federal laws pertaining to regulated entities, that individual has the right to file a complaint with DQA. Please visit their site to file a complaint or report fraud there are different methods depending on where the person was abused or by whom.

Where do I report abuse, neglect or exploitation of a child with a disability?

Contact your local child protection or law enforcement agency. State laws vary regarding who is a mandated reporter. If you need assistance with reporting or have questions about reporting abuse, contact ChildHelp USA’s 24-hour hotline at 1-800-4-A-CHILD

How do I report misuse of Seclusion and Physical Restraint in Schools?

2011 Wis. Act 125 addressing the use of seclusion and physical restraint in public schools takes effect on September 1, 2012. The Act applies to both regular and special education students and prohibits the use seclusion or physical restraint except when certain conditions apply.