Medicaid Managed Care (HMO) External Advocacy Project
Disability Rights Wisconsin (DRW) works to ensure that adult Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) recipients who are enrolled in a Medicaid HMO get the best health care to which they are entitled. DRW’s assistance may include:
- Explaining the rights and responsibilities of members in an HMO
- Explaining the enrollment process
- Assisting people who have difficulty getting their prescriptions
- Assisting people who may be wrongly billed for services by a medical provider
- Assisting people with obtaining medically necessary services or equipment
DRW provides information, referral, advice, investigation, and, in select cases, legal representation to adult SSI and SSDI Medicaid recipients throughout the state who have questions about or problems with the medical, mental health, or AODA services provided by their Medicaid HMO.